5 simple exercises for a healthy baby _ portea blog
Pregnancy is no longer an excuse for you to sit back and enjoy the comfort of your armchair for the following nine months. How to lose weight with pcos and thyroid In fact, this is the time when you should get active, even if you have not been following a regular fitness regime before.
Nowadays, prenatal fitness is essential for mothers-to-be because of the numerous benefits associated with such a regime, which ensures a healthy pregnancy and smooth delivery.
Exercise during pregnancy is vital for your and your baby’s health.
Military diet for a week As per The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, around 30 minutes of moderate exercise per day is suitable for pregnant women unless they have certain complications.
• Adequate fitness activities ensure that you maintain a healthy body weight which also has a positive impact on cardiovascular health.
• Regular exercise during pregnancy can ease common discomforts such as lower back pain, fatigue and constipation by improving your posture.
• It aids in alleviating your mood and energy levels along with relieving stress, allowing you to sleep soundly.
• Regular exertion especially outdoors helps in avoiding prenatal depression which many women suffer from, due to marital problems and poor sleep.
• It improves muscle strength and helps in building stamina which in turn helps in building endurance so that you have an easy labor and a smooth delivery.
• Following a regular exercise regime also protects you from gestational diabetes, a type of diabetes which develops during pregnancy and also prevents hypertension.
• Your body retains more fluids during pregnancy, and the growing uterus puts pressure on the veins, impairing the flow of blood to the heart. Exercise calories burned app Exercise limits this by improving blood circulation and hence reduces leg swelling.
• Maintaining a healthy body during pregnancy cuts down the chances of preterm labor and birth, need for pain relief, extended labor and the recovery time post-delivery.
Before taking up any kind of exercise regime during pregnancy, it’s important that you consult your obstetrician.
If you have been exercising regularly and have no pregnancy related complications, then there should not be any problem in continuing with your daily fitness regimes. A diet to lose belly fat However, you need to modify the exercise as per the demands of your pregnancy trimester.
If you do not follow regular exercise regime, do not start any new strenuous activity. Paleo diet grains Start off slow after consulting with your doctor and move up your activity levels at your own pace. I need to lose weight fast for my wedding Brisk Walking or swimming are the best activities to begin your fitness schedule with.
Following a regular exercise regime while pregnant makes not only for a healthier pregnancy and smoother labor but also for a healthier baby.
• Research proves that the babies of active moms have healthier hearts and this improved cardio fitness extends well in to the childhood years.
• Babies of moms who exercised regularly while pregnant also have a healthier birth weight and lower fat mass. Paleo diet success stories These babies are less likely to suffer from childhood obesity.
• Regular exercise prevents gestational diabetes in mothers-to-be, and this also reduces the chances of their babies developing diabetes later in their life.
• Babies born to moms who have been following a prenatal exercise regime also display advanced neurobehavioral maturation as research shows that these children have better scores in language and intelligence tests.
You should avoid exercise during pregnancy if you suffer from any medical problems such as asthma, cardiovascular dysfunctions, diabetes, etc. Best diet to lose weight Additionally, if you have any pregnancy related conditions such as bleeding or spotting, low placenta, recurrent or threatened miscarriages, history of premature labor or births, weak cervix, etc., do not follow any exercise regimen or do so only after counting your doctor.
• Before starting any exercise regimen, it is important to do some stretches to warm up your muscles joints and prevent injury, especially when you are pregnant. How do u lose weight fast Practice Neck, Shoulder and Ankle rotation, thigh shifts and leg shakes as a warm up round before starting off the schedule.
• The temperature in which you are exercising should be optimal
• Drink water before you begin and keep a bottle handy. Lose belly fat in 1 month Do not exercise immediately after eating.
• Be aware of your capture of gravity, which has shifted due to pregnancy, while exercising to avoid losing balance. Weight loss breakfast Avoid sudden jerky movements
• Do not exercise if you feel too tired or unwell. Paleo diet vs atkins Do not overexert yourself.
Five simple exercises to for a Healthy baby and Smooth delivery
The below exercises can help in getting your baby into an optimal birthing position and strengthening your pelvic floor, along with ensuring a normal delivery.
Walking is one of the simplest yet very effective exercises for pregnant women. Exercise gyms near me Walking helps in flexibility while avoiding abnormal fat gain. Weight loss success stories 100 pounds before and after It protects against problems like constipation, restlessness and hypertension. Exercise quotes pinterest It is recommended to go for a 30 minute walk every day preferably close to nature which helps in relieving stress.
Pelvic stretches are considered to be supremely beneficial to pregnant women to facilitate a smooth normal delivery. Exercise with baby carrier To be performed by sitting on a ball, pillow or a chair. Weight loss inspiration Keep your feet rooted to the ground, stretch your legs apart and with your back straightened. How to lose weight jogging This will lead to the shifting and stretching of your pelvis back and forth. Exercise is medicine prescription pad Repeat this up to 20 times depending on how comfortable you are with this posture.
Pelvic tilts or the Angry Cat posture helps to ease the labor pain and strengthens you back for a normal delivery. Exercise induced anaphylaxis wiki Get on all fours, suck in your abdominal muscles, and pull your buttocks on the same line as your stomach and then release.
Kegel exercises are pelvic floor exercises strengthen the muscles supporting the bladder, uterus and bowels, surrounding the vaginal and rectal area. Paleozoic era animals Doing these exercises during pregnancy will help you to develop the ability to relax and control your muscles in the strenuous process of labor and birth. Exercise equipment stores sacramento Kegel exercises are also highly recommended during the postpartum phase to hasten the healing of the perianal tissues, restore the muscles of the pelvic floor and improve urinary control.
To do Kegels, contract or hold your pelvic floor muscles by visualization that you are trying to halt the urine flow or trying not to pass gas. Best diet for abs building Do not move your leg, buttock, or abdominal muscles while doing these exercises.
It is recommended that you do five sets of Kegels in a day, with tencontractionseach, holding each contraction for five counts and then releasing.
Yoga is an ancient form of exercise which is considered to be one of the best activities for ensuring a smooth pregnancy and delivery. Paleo chili lime chicken It is an excellent way for pregnant women to prepare her mind and body for the baby. 3 day military diet before and after pictures The practice consists of a combination of physical exertions, meditation and relaxation benefits maternal and fetal health in the following ways
• Practicing prenatal yoga for an hour each day until childbirth helps to improve the birth weight reduces chances of premature labor and delivery, isolated intrauterine isolation, and hypertension.
• It improves muscles strength, stamina and flexibility which helps your body prepare for labor.
• Many pregnant women suffer from disturbed sleep during pregnancy due to physical discomforts during the last stages of pregnancy, when the comfortable sleeping positions are limited or due to fetal movements. Vitamin d diet plan Practicing yoga releases such stress, anxiety and pain, enabling the mother to rest.
• Yoga helps ease the aches and pains common during pregnancy as it helps in stretching the muscles, improving the breathing pattern and boosting blood circulation.
• Prenatal yoga helps combat lower back pain, carpel tunnel syndrome, shortness of breath, headaches and nausea.
Some of the postures which benefit pregnant women are as listed below.
• Vakrasna (Twisted pose) – This posture helps in strengthening the spine, neck, hands and legs. Healthy diet and exercise plan It gently massages the organs in the Lower abdominal cavity which facilitates normal delivery.
• Utkatasana (Chair poses) – This posture stretches the muscles of the chest, the spine and the hips, strengthening the lower back and torso. Lose weight fast in 2 weeks This helps in attaining balance as well as mental strength. Exercise calorie calculator walking It allows the mothers’ body to get ready for labor.
• Konasana (Angle poses) – This yoga posture stretches your spinal cord and the sides of your body, toning your arms, legs and abdominal organs. Exercise challenges at work Pregnant women who suffer from constipation or sciatica pain can practice this asana to get some relief.
• Paryankasana (Ham’s Pose with One Leg): Aimed at strengthening the thighs, abdomen and pelvic floor, this posture improves breathing and fights fatigue during labor.
• Bhadrasana (Butterfly pose) – This yoga asana focuses on your inner thighs and improves blood circulation in the pelvic region. Paleo diet restrictions This asana may help in smooth labor.
• Parvatasana (Mountain poses) -This yoga posture helps in relieving back pains and discomforts by stretching the muscles of the abdomen, arms and back.
• Yastikasana (Stick pose)-A simple pose which focuses on the abdominal and pelvic muscles which prepares the body for normal delivery and helps you beat stress and fatigue during pregnancy and labor.
The cobbler pose, also known as the Tailor pose helps to open up and stretch the pelvic area. Exercise physiologist salary texas This region comes under a lot of stress during labor and hence needs to be flexible to assist the baby to easily pass through the birth canal. Weight loss meditation app Additionally, the hip and thigh muscles also get strengthened helping to ease lower back pains and discomfort.
In the Tailor sit you need to sit down on the floor, keeping your knees bent and ankles crossed. Losing weight during menopause You then need to lean forward slightly while making sure your back is straight but relaxed.
In Tailor Press you need to sit on the floor, keeping your knees bent and then pulls the bottoms of your feet together. Weight loss clinic houston After doing this grasp your ankles and pull your feet gently towards your body. Lose belly fat naturally home remedies Inhale while placing your hands on your knees and while pressing your knees back against your hands.
Stop exercising if you suffer from any of the following symptoms
Following a regular exercise regime during pregnancy will help you cope better with the stress, strain and discomforts, building your stamina to ensure a smooth delivery and a healthy baby.
Also,if you are on the look out for exceptional post natal service for the new mother and baby, avail PORTEA’s Kanga and Roo services today!
Dr.Rajprabha Patra practiced as a Dental Surgeon for 5 years before making a switch into the business domain with an MBA from ISB. 2 month weight loss results As the Product Manager for Counselling Services at Portea, she aims to make a difference in the way mental health is perceived in India.
ABOUT USWith Portea, you can be sure that you will receive hospital-quality healthcare in the comfort of your home. Exercise calendar for beginners We provide doctors, nurses, and physiotherapists for home visits who have passed our rigorous hiring standards and have had their backgrounds and medical knowledge verified by senior doctors. Paleo diet facts We facilitate lab tests at home and medical equipment rentals, making health care more accessible for our patients. Cutting calories to lose weight calculator Portea Medical’s clinical procedures were developed in consultation with leading home healthcare professionals in the United States, ensuring that you receive only the highest quality medical care; all of our doctors are members of international medical accreditation bodies. Percentage of weight loss As a result of using our services, our patients are able to stay in their homes longer, save money, and have peace of mind.